Sunday, September 18, 2011

Homecoming Dance is different for boys and girls

Homecoming Dance is different for boys and girls
by Evan Albright
Flyer Flash, Editor



ST. GEORGE - As Homecoming neared, expectations ran high. Homecoming is the first dance of the year and a formal one at that. 

The girls are start to get worried about what they will wear and if somebody will ask them; while the guys seem to go solely because their friends pressure them or they are hoping for a possible doorstep scene.

For the girls, the joy comes in building memories. Dixie alumnus Kristen Cooper said, “For me, when it comes to a formal dance I want it to be romantic and to build a relationship with my date... I don’t want it to be just so the guy can kiss me at the end!”

When asked what her biggest worries were she said “I would die if I got to the dance and another girl had the same dress! Us girls put a lot of preparation into this stuff and it sucks when another girl did the same thing.”




According to many girls similar to Kristen, the common perception of guys is to kiss the girl. But must guys think they should be treated with a higher standard?


Dixie Senior Peter Bown said, “I would rather just go to have a good time and create memories. I don’t understand the mentality of guys when they only ask the girl they want to make out with. Ughh.” he went on to say “I want High School to be about having a really great time and I’ll worry about relationships afterwards.”


When asked randomly in the hall if they were going to homecoming or not, about 75 percent said they were going while the rest either had previous arrangements or simply did not want to go and said “What’s the point?”


Perhaps everyone is different, and students should all have a good mind set of them before really knowing.   


It seems like there are people who are going to get a little smooch, some who want a romantic date, and some who don’t want to go. 


Whatever the case may be, everyone seemed to have a fun and fulfilled homecoming!



This article is from The Flyer Flash: September 2011. Published on Friday September 23, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment