Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Homecoming Royalty


The Homecoming Royalty is presented and the Homecoming King and Queen is crowned during half-time at the football game.
Photo Credit: Shaun Smith, The Dixie Blog

The Homecoming Royalty
by Heidi Harris
Flyer Flash, Staff Writer



ST. GEORGE - Homecoming Royalty is one of the biggest opportunities for a student to have during their high school years. Each student in the senior class gets to be nominated for being on the royalty. After voting, the Executive Council tallies up the nominations to get the end result of the students chosen for royalty.


At the football game a crowd of students sit and wait while the royalty comes in a line of cars on the track to find out who had won the Homecoming King and Queen. Once all the Royalty was in their line, the previous King and Queen, Taylor Cox and Kaitlyn Hune, walked out and presented the new King and Queen, Justin Crapo and Dasya Porras their crowns.

Questions come to students minds on who will win the Homecoming King and Queen. When asked who he thought thought will win, Jordan Bickel, a senior, replied "I thought for sure it would be Justin Crapo. But i wasn't exactly sure who the queen would be. All of the royalty were awesome and I would have hope for everyone to win."

Another student, a junior, Avonlea Dalley was asked the same question and she said, "I thought Dasya and Justin would win it." 

Ashley Jones, a senior, was on the royalty when asked the same question she says, "Haha, shoot, I have no idea!! All the skits were so awesome but I loved that Dasya and Crapo won!!" 

When asked how they felt when they recieved the crown Justin Crapo said, "I didn't really think I was going to win. But my first thought was how thankful I am for such a supporting family and friends." Then Dasya Porras said, "I didn't think I would win and I still can't believe it. I was in shock! For real, it was so crazy! Thanks to everyone at the school, you are all so RAD!" 

Dixie has a great set of students with spirit and enjoyment for their school. They all care and show compassion for other students. Keep up the good work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment