Monday, October 31, 2011

Is It Scary... Or Not?

Is It Scary... Or Not?
by Heidi Harris
Flyer Flash, Staff Writer

ST. GEORGE - What is the scariest movie? Is it The Haunting in Connecticut, The Ring 1 and 2, When a Stranger Calls, or The Roommate

A recent survey at Dixie suggests that The Haunting in Connecticut which is a movie based on real life stories of the Snedeker family who lived in a Haunted former Mortuary (funeral parlor) in the 1980s, but also a book by Ray Gorten called In a Dark Place: The Story of a True Haunting. This movie is about a family who moves because of the son's health problems, finding that their new home has supernatural problems and coming to find out that their house was a former funeral parlor. 

Are scary movies like they were a few years back? 

Mrs. Johnson, consumer science teacher said, "My favorite scary movie I watched as a teen would have to be Wait Until Dark. It scared me because of how realistic and how jumpy the movie was!" Wait Until Dark is about a woman, played by Audrey Hepburn, who was recently blinded and gets terrorized by three thugs who happen to believe that there is a heroin stuffed doll in her apartment.


Mr. Brooks, another teacher, says, "My favorite scary movie I watched as a teen would have to be Nightmare on Elms Street. It scared me because of the Hockey Mask... SCARY!" Brooks stated. Nightmare on Elm Street is about a murderer who stalks his victims in their dreams.  

Mrs. Lewis, the school registrar, said, "My favorite scary movie I watched as a teen would have to be anything with vampires in it. They weren't very good looking... they weren't Edward! The movies scared me because they would startle me making me jump."

Mrs. Ford said, "My favorite scary movie I watched as a teen would have to be Halloween in 1978 and it scared me because I babysat a lot back then; the movie was about a murderer who escaped his institutionalized and stalks these two young women who are babysitting across the street from each other. It was a movie that could really happen in real life."

Halloween is the most popular time when most teens watch scary movies. They like the thrill of being scared. It's the best time to grab your boyfriend or girlfriend and watch a scary movie and snuggle up. 

Have a scary... HALLOWEEN!

The Flyer Flash. October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment